The Exhibit Detailer will be a key member of the Luci Creative team, and will be responsible for maintaining the vision of the client and internal teams from schematic through Fabrication via coordination, documentation and integration of media, graphics and dimensional exhibits. Luci’s Exhibit Detailer will work closely with Project Directors, Creative Directors, Project Managers, as well as 3D & Graphic Design Department leads to ensure creation of the necessary documentation to further develop and maintain design intent of exhibit spaces and visitor experience. The primary responsibility will include producing clear and complete design detail documentation through bidding and fabrication.
- Works with Creative Directors, Exhibit Design Leads, Art Directors, 2D Design Leads, and outside vendors including IT Hardware Designers
- Refine design drawings and CAD files in collaboration with design leads, for purposes of bid documentation and/or fabrication coordination with vendors
- Develop details and fabrication drawings based on both 2D and 3D geometry provided by design team
- Maintain CAD standards in compliance with Luci Creative and other industry standards
- Develop submission drawing packages, including construction drawings with appropriate dimensions finishes and callouts
- Provide materials selections/options, sampling and materials library maintenance for projects based on project needs
- Create clean 3D geometry files which can be exported/issued to fabricators and/or architects
- Maintain deliverables in accordance with project schedule and internal deadlines
- Collaborate with project designers and team to explore detailing options and variations to ensure design priorities are maintained through detailing process
- Create building coordination drawings and packages to be shared with architects and subconsultants, including wall construction, ceiling coordination, finishes, and electrical coordination drawings
- Coordinate with architects, engineers, client project management to ensure correct and ongoing/up to date integration of existing or developing building conditions with Luci work product
- Work in a team environment including Luci Creative staff, sub-contractors, and client contacts
- Applicant must demonstrate detailing skillset in both 2D and 3D and be able to work from live files at various stages of development
DESIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication skills verbal, written, and illustrative
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in design studio or fabrication environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and quality
- Demonstrated (via Portfolio) knowledge of fabrication techniques, materials, and principles of physical construction
- Demonstrated (via Portfolio) ability to generate clearly detailed, dimensioned, and annotated drawings for the purposes of communicating construction, fabrication, and installation intent and specifications.
- Highly skilled in one or more of the following CAD programs: Sketchup and Layout, AutoCad
- Hand-sketch/quick ideation communication and problem solving
- B.A. or M.A. in Exhibit Design, Architecture, or Industrial Design, or equivalent on-the-job field experience
Luci Creative is a multidisciplinary full-service experience design agency helping the world’s leading corporations and cultural institutions. Our integrated approach allows us to take all aspects of a project from concept through design and construction. We work collaboratively with our partners as one team to anticipate, mitigate, and solve project challenges guided by our core values: Collaboration, Advocacy, and Spark.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds with a range of professional and educational experiences.
Note: Luci Creative works in a hybrid model, both in office and at home. Due to the nature of our work, candidates must be able to work on-site and at our Lincolnwood location as needed.
For consideration, please submit your resume and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org