Who we Are:
Luci Creative develops, designs, and implements compelling exhibits and spaces for museums, cultural institutions, and corporations around the world.
We’re currently looking for a passionate and experienced graphic designer with exceptional design sensibility to assist with concept & design of complex long-running projects. A candidate will have outstanding communication skills, have an obsessive sense of organization. You’ll be a type geek and have a reputation for quality work and strategic thinking!
- Work closely with the Graphic Design team from concept to production
- Assisting in the creation of presentations, graphics, or documents
- Organize and maintain graphic files and matrices
- Design Graphic systems, panels, super graphics
- Integrate final content into panel designs
- Image scanning, upsizing and retouching
- Participate in conceptual development and illustrate design concepts through a variety of mediums, including hand sketches and computer renderings.
- Develop and design interactive interfaces (UI/UX)
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment that includes creative staff, fabrication teams and client contacts
- Proven graphic design chops in typography, color, grids, and layout
- B.A. in Graphic Design, Communications Design, Exhibition Design from a top-tier design school
- 3-5 years of experience working in a design studio
- Proficient in design software: Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Comfortable with all the usual design tools and the ability to adopt new techniques
- Excellent communications skills – verbal, written, and illustration
- A keen attention to detail, accuracy, quality and organization
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Thorough understanding of digital interactive development methods
- Must be a strategic and conceptual thinker, able to articulate unique ideas quickly and effectively.
Nice to Have…
- Experience with environmental design concepts
- Exhibition graphic design a huge plus!
- Some experience with SketchUp or other 3D tools
- A basic understanding of exhibit construction and materials
More About Luci
Luci Creative is a multidisciplinary creative team that develops, designs, and produces compelling exhibits and spaces for museums, cultural institutions and corporations around the globe. We believe that by creating meaningful experiences we can inspire others to discover and connect with the world.
Our integrated approach allows us to take all aspects of a project from concept through design and construction. We work collaboratively with our partners as one team to anticipate, mitigate and solve project challenges guided by our core values of passion, curiosity and empathy.
Clients and project examples include: The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, the John Deere Tractor & Engine Museum, the First Division Museum, the Chicago Children’s Museum, Microsoft, Pacific Gas & Electric, and the Chicago Sports Museum.
Luci Creative is an equal opportunity employer. This organization participates in E-Verify.