Who We Are:
Luci Creative develops, designs, and implements compelling exhibits and spaces for corporations, agencies, cultural institutions, and museums around the world.
What We’re looking for:
A passionate and experienced Manager of Business Development with a proven track-record in sales and an exceptional ability to identity leads and key partnerships, while building and fostering relationships. Our ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills and an obsessive sense of organization. You’ll be a go-getter, have an entrepreneurial mindset and reputation for quality work and strategic thinking!
The Manager of Business Development will be responsible for fostering, developing and responding to new business opportunities, executing sales objectives, and building and sustaining relationships with new and existing clients and partners. This role will be responsible for responding to opportunities and developing proposals, using up-front knowledge of project scope, schedule, deliverables and budget, this position contributes to the project work plan, schedule, fee and contract writing process. This role is critical to the continued growth of Luci Creative, and is part of the overall company’s long-term development strategy. The ideal candidate for this role is an entrepreneurially minded individual with a background and understanding of corporate environments and experiences, architecture, events and/or museums; and with exceptional writing skills. This position is key part of Luci Creative’s business development team, and works directly with the CEO and Director of Business Development.
New Business Development
- Research, identify, and manage a list of key contacts and new business targets using database searches, industry publications and connections
- Cold call, email, and set appointments to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Conduct introductory conversations and/or capabilities presentations to qualify opportunities (local and non-local prospects)
- Research, set up, develop pitch materials, and participate in new project sales meetings
- Maintain record of sales activity in database for regularly updated KPI reports demonstrating performance and results
- Develop and write responses to RFQs and RFPs, while collaborating with the graphic design team to execute presentation packages
- Grow and maintain potential and existing Client communication database
- Participate in pre-project strategy workshops and meetings to collaborate with clients in outlining project process and communicating project scope
- Represent and drive awareness of Luci Creative through marketing, conferences, and events while managing an annual marketing budget
- In collaboration with the CEO and Director of Business Development, create annual sales plan and goals for each fiscal year
Marketing and Public Relations
- Develop website maintenance short and long term. Develop and support website strategy and content for distribution
- Development, writing, and maintenance of marketing collateral for distribution at networking events
- Manage communications of outward facing messaging related to the Luci Creative Brand through social media channels, thought leadership and blogging, and speaking opportunities
- Develop Public Relations plan inclusive of Luci Creative featured stories, media outreach lists, and
- Manage ongoing project documentation inclusive of in-progress images and content, and final project photos and video for public use
- Write and edit company and project specific press releases for media distribution
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience preferred, including managing and executing new business development in a creative field (design, media, advertising, architecture, etc.)
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset who is able to operate with a ‘start-up’ perspective
- Proven ability to manage and deliver against multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong experience in developing presentations, processes and materials to support sales efforts and marketing initiatives
- Demonstrated success building relationships with customers, managing clients, internal stakeholders and external vendors towards a common goal within tight timelines
- Detail-oriented, strategic thought leadership and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to present, influence and negotiate with clients, vendors both internally and externally
- Strong written/oral communication and problem-solving skills
Nice to have
- Industry knowledge and experience working in architecture, event or corporate experiences, museum, or marketing industries
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office applications on multiple platforms
- Project management skills and ability to use related project management software
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Fun, diverse humans who will become your extended family
- Dog friendly studio close to family friendly north side of Chicago
- All the typical company benefits
More About Luci Creative
Luci Creative is a multidisciplinary creative team that develops, designs, and produces compelling exhibits and spaces for museums, cultural institutions and corporations around the globe. We believe that by creating meaningful experiences we can inspire others to discover and connect with the world.
Our integrated approach allows us to take all aspects of a project from concept through design and construction. We work collaboratively with our partners as one team to anticipate, mitigate and solve project challenges guided by our core values of passion, curiosity and empathy.
Clients and project examples include: The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, the John Deere Tractor & Engine Museum, the First Division Museum, the Robert R. McCormick Foundation, the Chicago Children’s Museum, Microsoft, Pacific Gas & Electric, and the Chicago Sports Museum.
Luci Creative is an equal opportunity employer. This organization participates in E-Verify.